Ladies, we’ve all been there. Tired and ready for bed with no desires to walk to the bathroom to wash off our face. Sure, doing this once or twice may not cause long term effects but once this becomes a habit than there is cause for concern!
Recently, we shared a link on Facebook to a Dermascope article that said this:
“Let us begin by looking at multiple studies done by people who have purposely not removed their makeup for one full month to see what would happen.
The range of reactions varied widely from swelling around the eyes, red blotches on the face, and overall dullness. Measurements taken using three-dimensional imaging showed an overall drop in skin health between 10 to 20 percent. Moisture levels in skin dropped by five to 10 percent. In other words, leaving makeup on overnight aged skin by years.”
We have enough factors aging us already (pollution, stress, and oh yea.. gravity!) much less the damage we cause our own skin. So, why not be proactive and take care of your skin by giving it a good cleaning before bed, your skin (and esthetician) will thank you!
We also promised a DIY makeup remover recipe! We found this lovely recipe at refinedmom.com. Enjoy!
DIY Homemade Makeup Remover Pads
What you will need:
* 1 quart wide mouth jar
* 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
* 2 squirts of tear-free baby wash
* 2 cups of purified water
* 2 packages of cotton pads
* Optional: Tea Tree Essential Oil (will help with acne, but should NOT be used on the eyes) or Frankincense Essential Oil (will help rejuvenate the skin and decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles)
* Microwaveable bowl
- Mix 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 2 squirts of tear-free baby wash and 2 cups of purified water.
- Microwave in 10-20 second increments until melted and well blended.
- Place about 50 cotton pads in you quart jar.
- Pour your liquid mixture over your pads in the jar. Press pads down to help soak up the liquid. Add more pads to fit, pressing down.
- Secure lid tight and keep in a dry, cool place.
- Use your pads to remove your makeup daily.